Friday, November 15, 2013

Paper Pieced Plain Planes

Wow, that's a lot of "P"s
I am also working on a quilt for a baby boy who's family loves to fly planes.  So what better on a quilt that a bunch of planes.
I don't like to make my baby quilt too juvenile (novelty prints etc) because I like to imagine that they will be kept for many years to come. So I decided to make paper pieced planes with Kona solid in Navy on a plain Kona White background.

 
I wanted to do a navy & white stripe fabric for the backing but wasn't able to find any that I liked so I made my own.

 
It is now basted ready to quilt.  I am thinking of outling the planes and then quilting a propeller design in the center of each plain block.

1 comment:

  1. Love the plane quilt and your backing. I am making quilt for new grand baby and am trying to come up with clever backing.

    ReplyDelete