Friday, November 15, 2013

Oh, the impossible deadlines I give myself

So, amid all of the other things I have been working on like the plane quilt and another that I cannot speak of yet because it will be a Christmas gift, I have now given myself a nearly impossible deadline of one week to complete a queen size quilt nearly from scratch.

I started this project several months ago and got about 1/4 of the triangles pieced.  My intention was that this would be a (another) Christmas gift for a relative in Indiana.  So I decided yesterday (Thursday) that I am going to go to Indiana next Friday with a cousin.  I finshed piecing the rest of the triangles, 28 of each color.  Needless to say I have a lot of work to do.  I need to trim up the triangles and then decide on a layout, thinking something along the lines of what is shown in the second picture and continuing out with the concentric squares.



 

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment