Friday, November 29, 2013

Deadline met!

So excited that I was able to meet the nearly impossible deadline that I had set for myself. It was a good thing that the cousin I was traveling with had to work the day we were plannig to leave. I finished the quilt at about 2:30 Friday afternoon and had just enough time to wash and dry it before we left that evening. The top is made with fabrics from a few different lines, unfortunately, the only one I remember the name of is Double Chocolate. Guess I should start writing this stuff down instead of holding on to the selvages and then not remembering where i put them. The backing fabric is Wintergreen by 3 Sisters for Moda. I totally fell in love with it and think that I need to go back to my LQS and buy more.
This is the first quilt that i quilted entirely with freemotion. Needless to say it is not the most fabulous quilting I have ever seen but it came out okay. For the center I did lines of leaves, then more leaves in the center border and then crazy curls in the outer border.
The quilt was hand delivered to my cousin-in-law and she loved it. She is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet and is always doing for others in her family and her community. A hand made quilt is the least of what she deserves. The timing was just right as it was starting to snow a bit when we left Monday evening. All in all it was a really long drive both ways but it was totally worth it to spend time with family that we only get to see once or twice a year.

2 comments: