Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A little sad and a lot crazy?

I put Andrew's Argyle in the mail today and for some reason I'm kind of sad to see it go. For me the joy of giving comes from seeing the excitement on a childs face and I am going to miss that with this one. This was the first time I've ever mailed a quilt and I just hope it makes it there safe. So, I had the crazy idea this morning on my drive into work that I should make another last minute birthday gift. This one will be for my husband's grandmother who is turning 96! this weekend. I went to the Bernina Pfaff store that opened recently right around the corner from work (dangerous location for my finances, lol) and purchased batting and fabric for the back and binding. I already have a jelly roll of moda historical blenders that I am going to use to make a jelly roll race quilt which should go very quickly. I already used a few strips from it for Andrew's Argyle but I think there will be enough left for a lap/throw quilt. I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment