Sunday, January 19, 2014

What I Have Been Working On Lately

So I have worked on several projects recently that I hadn't yet had a chance to post about, so here goes...

In Progress

Christmas Cactus Quilt for Mom

This is one 1/4 of the top.
The pattern is by Piecemeal Quilts and I am using fabrics from Winter's Lane by Kate & Birdie Paper Co for Moda and Rock Candy from Blank Quilting for the background.
I have got 1/2 of the top done now but took a break to work on a project for Martin Luther King Day Sew-In on Twitter. (#MLKSI)

Disappearing Pinwheels for #MLKSI


I have the nine-patches made and all of the squares cut out for the disappearing pinwheel blocks. Can't wait to get started on the rest of the blocks tomorrow!

Recent Finishes

Everything But The Kitchen Sink Tote

The pattern is from Eazy Peazy. It was pretty easy to construct and it holds a LOT. I used it to go shopping at my fave LQS yesterday. I ended up with a 70" square quilt (picked up since display was done for now), my small tote with wallet and 2 bolts of fabric in it. (I think it could have held even more though) I put a fauxe-piped binding around the top because I really didn't want to attempt turning right-side out with the stiff peltex bottom.

Sketch/Note book cover with matching pen/pencil pouch for guild gift exchange

too darn cute, if I do say so myself...and I do.

Wall Hanging for Riley Blake Fabric Challenge for the Modern Quilt Guild

All improv piecing, very abstract and outside my comfort zone but it was a whole lotta fun once I got my brain to stop trying to be so anal about it.

Chopped up old UFO blocks
Nevermind, I think this one deserves its' own post so back in a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment