Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Some Finishes, Finally!

Sorry I have been gone for so long.  I was sewing like a maniac and now I am in a bit of a funk.

Anyway...

I have finally finished the Piked Peaks quilt for Jon Jon down the street, he is just sooo darn adorable.  The pattern is from the Modern Neutrals book by Amy Ellis.  I added a pop of red because it matches Jon Jon's toy car that he rides around the neighborhood.  I will veer off track a bit and tell you that he just HAD to trade in his jeep that he had before because he HAD to have a red car that matched my son's red mustang (since totalled btw).  Did I mention how adorable he is.  He is 3 years old and he really loves his quilt.  Just in time for a little cool weather that we are expecting this weekend, well cool for Florida anyway...
You can't see the quilting very well in the photo but I quilted with red in a chevron pattern following the arrows and then with silver following the same chevron pattern in the spaces between the arrows.
After so much frustration in the beginning I have to say that I really like how it turned out.

Here is the back that I finally went with, had to get the racing stripes in there.
 
After finishing Piked Peaks I made two quilts for a coworker to give as birthday gifts to her grandchildren.
 
I guess I will have to create a separate post for the other two quilts because it will not let me add any more photos for some reason.

So bye for now...



No comments:

Post a Comment